theSMARTsub™ Gives Back
theSMARTsub is proud to directly support local and national non-profit organizations. Our corporate giving strives strengthen and continue the well-being of programs related to the American education system and in the advancement of Christianity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know if my organization is eligible to receive support?
A: To request a charitable donation, your organization must be a federally tax-exempt, section 501(c)(3) charitable organization, school, library or public agency. Only organizations that are verified with a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) designation, as determined by the Internal Revenue Service, will be considered.
Q: My 501(c)(3) has a pending status; can I still receive a donation?
A: theSMARTsub does not assist any organization with a pending 501(c)(3) status.
Q: When are donation requests accepted?
A: Requests are accepted all year and reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the beginning of each month.
Q: Can I submit my request online or through email?
A: Only requests to the corporate office are considered. Requests by phone or electronically are not accepted.
Q: When will I be contacted about the status of my request?
A: After you submit your request, our Corporate Giving Committee will review the information. All requests, whether approved or declined, are responded to within 4-6 weeks of submission.
Q: Whom should I contact if I have any questions?
A: Please e-mail your questions to corporategiving@theSMARTsub.com.
The following information is required for all requests. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Name of the non-profit organization
- Type of donation requested
- Purpose of the donation
- Date the donation is needed
- Organizations without a current, valid 501(c)(3) tax exemption status
- Requests for gift cards
- Sponsorships for athletic teams/events
- Requests to support travel costs for groups or individuals
- Political advocacy groups
- Scholastic scholarships
- Association/Chamber memberships
- Aid for foreign countries
- Advertising or film projects
- Program advertising or other marketing efforts
- Funding for general operating expenses
theSMARTsub™ Educational Scholarship Award
theSMARTsub Educational Scholarship Award was created to provide incentive, honor, and financial assistance to graduating High School students who intend to make a career in the area of education.
- The EDUCATION AS A CAREER section which totals 3 single-spaced, typewritten pages (explained on the scholarship application).
- Detailed INFORMATION regarding work, volunteer and other experiences
- Two; one-page LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- Most recent TRANSCRIPT
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION
Apply for Scholarship
Deadline: Application must be received on or before April 30TH Prior to the fall semester.
* Please note that scholarships are reserved for students graduating from high schools which are currently served by theSMARTsubTM, Substitute Management SystemTM.